Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I’ll summarise this week in a sentence for you: “I have been packing Christmas bags”.

That pretty much sums it up.

Along with some English teaching, moto riding and food distributions, Christmas packing is what my task has been. I am just about sick of that room, which often becomes more of a babysitting service than a work place due to the abundance of toys. But, there’s only about 300 more to make up, so we’re close!
We had a mini party for the children of the bible league staff, there were only about 20 kids, so that had quite a different feel to it in comparison to the parties of hundreds. As games-meister I could change my standard games a little to cater for small numbers of kids. My lion puppet-arm has not improved since last time, and I regretted all the push ups I’d done the night before.
This party was cute because some of the kids took turns to get up and ‘perform’ the songs they had learnt at Sunday School. They all danced while doing their singing.

My phone hasn’t been working for a while now, so I am very sorry if anyone has tried to text me (and has been ignored). I have a new number while I’m in Cambodia, email me if you would like it (caitz89@hotmail.com). Sorry that my communication hasn’t been so consistent. I’m finding it hard to get to the internet sometimes!

We have some parties coming up this weekend which should be good, I’ll keep you posted. Keep letting me know if you have any simple but fun games for a mass group of kids!

Sorry guys..cool pictures aren't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment